What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is recorded in the temporary memory of the browser when a website is entered, for a variable period of time generally lasting between a few hours and some years, with the exception of profiling cookies which last a maximum of 365 calendar days.
The file memorises certain information which the site is able to read when it is consulted again and which may be necessary for the proper functioning of the site and to improve usability. Through cookies, for example, it is possible to determine whether a connection has already been made between the computer and site, to highlight novelties or maintain “login” information.
- Technical cookies: necessary for the proper functioning of the site, they are used for browsing purposes or to provide a service requested by the user; they are not used for other purposes and are usually installed by the website owner.
- Statistical cookies (analytics): they make it possible to know how users use the site, in order to assess and improve its functioning and promote the production of contents which best meet user requirements. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous and unconnected with the user’s personal data.
- Profiling cookies: they make it possible to offer the user advertisements related to him/her and his/her pertinent interests. Moreover, they are used to limit the number of times the same advertisement is shown and to assess the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Third party cookies: they are conveyed, without RINA control, by third parties (example: Google Maps, Youtube, Linkedin and Twitter) which can intercept the user also while browsing in non-site. These cookies, typically persistent, cannot be controlled directly by RINA which therefore cannot guarantee how third party owners use the information gathered.
InBetween website only use technical cookies and the so-called “analytics” cookies which, for the purpose of
optimising the site could collect information, in anonymous and aggregate form, about the number of users and
how they use the site.
InBetween does not use any type of cookie aimed at profiling the user but uses third party services which, in turn, use profiling cookies.
List of these services and link to the pertinent privacy information policy:
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service supplied by Google Inc
- Google Maps is a service to find and view maps supplied by Google Inc
- YouTube is a web platform to share and view videos on line
- Linkedin is a social network
- Twitter is a social network.
Where to find information on how to disable or manage cookies in different browsers:
For any further clarification concerning “cookies”, reference can be made to the following link: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie